Making realistic flowers from air dry polymer clay was originally popular in Thailand and Japan. That popularity has spread to Russia, the US and elsewhere. Thin and pliable air dry clay, often referred to as cold porcelain, is perfect for simulating petals.
Take a look at some of what’s happening to this contingent of artists within the polymer community.
- Natalia Leitman (not quite sure of her name), that’s her hair clip
- Olga Petrova who uses Deco Clay
- ThaiflowerArt with Tarapat van Gulik uses Daisy Clay
- Zahra Malak at Arakina.com
- Daisy Clay, the US manufacturer’s site
- Anastasia P. in Russia with Rowan Craft
- Ravivan Petchprepa in Bangkok
- Connie at Lilychartier in Niceville, FL